Tips for Work Basket:
This basket is here to keep track primarily of professional connections and possibly documents. Consider tracking…
- Employment Docs
- Benefit Docs
- Corp. Formation / Interest Records
Don’t forget to add Info Cards (under MORE INFO) or Files to keep track of key contacts (such as HR reps who you, or your loved ones, might need to reach in an emergency).
- OWNERSHIP: If you have ownership interest in a company, you’d want to add Info Cards to cover things like Corporation Papers, Partnership Agreements, etc.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: If you’re doing contract work, you’ll want to list the name of your company (if you have a DBA) in the notes AND attach INFO CARDS so it’s easy to look up down the road. Also add Info Cards to point to any recurring contract customers.
- MILITARY: See our post dedicated to Eggacy for Military.
- STUDENT: There are plenty of reasons to set up Info Cards in your Student EGG. Point to Student Affairs, Admin, etc.
- OTHER: This is a good spot to list previous employers that may be worth reaching out to for some reason. You could store employment files, notes, etc…
Tips for when an emergency or death occurs:
We are so sorry for your loss. We recommend that you, first and foremost, contact an expert for assistance. If a trustee or lawyer is listed, we suggest starting there.
Once you feel like it’s safe to proceed, then go through the eggs in this basket and, if applicable, follow instructions that are in this basket, including all Notes, Eggs, Info Cards, and any attachments they may have.
Finally – we encourage you to print out all the information in your loved one’s eggs, as well as download all attached files, since their account will only be online for a few months.
*Tips are provided to simply kick-start your thinking. They are NOT legal advice and we recommend that you consult an attorney if you have any questions about estate planning or living trusts or any such matters.