*Tips are not legal advice.

What Eggs Should I Add?

If you own, rent, or have interest in a property, this is a good place to keep track of it. You should go ahead and create an egg PER property.


What Files & Info Cards Should I Add?

This may be THE most useful place to stack Files & Info Cards. There are so many possible peripheral accounts / contacts to keep track of when it comes to managing your property. Here are just some examples to kick-start your thinking:

If you Rent:

  • Landlord or Property Management Company (or both)
  • Building Manager / Super
  • Renters Insurance

If you Own:

  • Mortgage / Escrow Company
  • Home Owner’s Association
  • Home Owner’s Insurance
  • Other Insurance (liability, flood, earthquake…)


  • Utilities (Including a scan picture of a bill which would have useful info int)
  • Cable (w/ Bill?)
  • Phone (w/ Bill?)
  • Internet (w/ Bill?)
  • Trusted Neighbor
  • Pool Maintenance Contact/Company/Records
  • Gardener (w/ Contract?)
  • Contractor (and records?)
  • Electrician (and records?)
  • General Fix-it (and records?)

Note that, if you own more than one property, there’s a chance that some of these peripheral accounts / contacts will be redundant. If that’s the case, stack them on one egg and reference them (in notes or somewhere) on the others.

If you own commercial or rental property, include whatever information makes sense… including information about tenants or business associations.


What Extra Information Should I leave in Case of Emergency?

Reconciling property matters can be tricky. If you have a loved one who lives with you, or even someone who rents from you, then you should take an extra few minutes to add notes or instructions to those people. These can just be the things you think of that could be helpful to them… someone special to call…


Tips for Reconciling:

Dealing with property can be tricky. If you’re renting and your name is already on the lease, then you should be good-to-go to simply contact your landlord and update documents. You may need to provide a death certificate so they can remove your loved one’s name. They may also be flexible if your preference is to explore early termination options.

If you own, then you may want to contact a professional estate attorney. You want to make sure everything happens correctly and efficiently and there may be state laws in play.

Regardless, makes sure you go through all the associated Info Cards to resolve peripheral matters and contact anyone else who may need to be updated.


*Tips are provided to simply kick-start your thinking. They are NOT legal advice and we recommend that you consult an attorney if you have any questions about estate planning or living trusts or any such matters.